SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
Undergraduate Studies – Concentration: HR MANAGEMENT
WHY IS SBEM THE BEST SCHOOL FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS IN MACEDONIA?
- UACS SBEM is the only internationally accredited school in the Republic of Macedonia
- UACS SBEM has excellent professors
- UACS SBEM employs the most advanced teaching philosophy
- The student/teacher ratio at SBEM is 18:1, which guarantees individual attention to every student.
UACS SBEM program is supported by over 30 scholars, professors of management practice, and international visiting professors. Their combined knowledge and experience provides the students with a unique opportunity to learn from the best. The program at UACS SBEM offers thorough exposure to theoretical and practical issues.
UACS SBEM Faculty combines:
- Marjan Bojadjiev PhD, Harvard Business School Alumni, Teacher of the Year Award by ACBSP, 2012.
- Ana Tomovska Misoska PhD, Queen’s University Belfast (UK) Alumni, Member of Macedonian Human Resources Association Board
- Miodraga Stefanovska Petkovska, PhD, Associate Professor at UACS
- Makedonka Dimitrova, Head of the Institute for Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development
- Dimitar Kovacevski, PhD, Chief Executive Officer of One.Vip, EFER EEC Alumni
- Angelka Peeva Laurenchikj, PhD, Managing Director of Image PR
- Zaklina Gestakovska Aleksovska, MAPA, expert on HR Development
OUR TEACHING PHILOSOPHY
At undergraduate level, we believe that the instructor’s responsibilities include:
- Asking the right questions
- Leading the class discussions
- Helping the students find their own solution to the problems raised.
- We do ask the “WHAT” and “WHY” questions. But we also teach the “HOW”!
- Apart from teaching theory and facts, our primary goal is applying the knowledge and gaining practical skills.
- We employ leading-edge teaching techniques, such as: case studies, role plays, problem solving, individual and team projects, and simulations.
By doing this, we have learned from the best – Harvard Business School. So far, we have 16 faculty members holding a teaching certificate according to the Participant-Centered Learning methods.
During the lectures, we use case studies designed by some of the best business schools in the world, as Harvard Business School and Darden School of Business.
UACS SBEM is proud that 70% of the students who graduate are employed within a year after graduation and take the following positions:
HR concentration – positions in the sectors for recruitment, selection and training of human resources, hiring planing and development, internal control of employees etc.
WHICH COMPANIES EMPLOY OUR GRADUATES
These are some of the companies where SBEM graduates are employed:
- TTK Bank AD Skopje
- Stopanska Banka AD Skopje
- Ohridska Banka AD Skopje
- Halk Bank AD Skopje
- Triglav Osiguruvanje AD Skopje
- Capital Media Group Inc.
- Leoron Professional Development Institute
- Government of the Republic of Macedonia
- City of Skopje
TITLE AND DEGREE EARNED UPON GRADUATION AT UACS SBEM
Bachelor of Business Administration – Major: Human Resource Management
|Introduction to Management|
|Introduction to Microeconomics|
|Principals of Accounting|
|Introduction to Marketing|
|Elective Courses – students choose 2|
|Elective Courses– students choose 2|
|Computer Applications 1|
|English as a Foreign Language 1|
|History of Art|
|Statistics for Business|
|Introduction to Macroeconomics|
|Principles of Organizational Behavior|
|Introduction to Human Resources Management|
|International Management and Globalization|
|Elective Courses students choose 3|
|Psychology of Groups and Teams|
|Career Development – individual perspective|
|Introduction to E-Business|
|Elective Courses – students choose 1|
|EU Structures and Institutions|
|Ecology and Sustainable Development|
|English as a Foreign Language 2|
|Foundations of Finance|
|Introduction to Staff Training and Development|
|Performance management and Compensation|
|Legal Framework of Human Resource Management|
|Elective Courses – students choose 2|
|Principles of Operations Management|
|Leadership in Organizations|