SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
WHY IS SBEM THE BEST SCHOOL FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS IN MACEDONIA?
- UACS SBEM is the only internationally accredited school in the Republic of Macedonia
- UACS SBEM has excellent professors
- UACS SBEM employs the most advanced teaching philosophy
- The student/teacher ratio at SBEM is 18:1, which guarantees individual attention to every student.
UACS SBEM program is supported by over 30 scholars, professors of management practice, and international visiting professors. Their combined knowledge and experience provides the students with a unique opportunity to learn from the best. The program at UACS SBEM offers thorough exposure to theoretical and practical issues.
UACS SBEM Faculty combines:
- Marjan I. Bojadjiev PhD, Harvard Business School Alumni, Teacher of the Year Award by ACBSP, 2012.
- Ana Tomovska Misoska PhD, Queen’s University Belfast, UKAlumni, Member of Macedonian Human resources Association Board
- Miodraga Stefanovska Petkovska, PhD, Associate Professor at UACS
- Bettina Jones, University of Pittsburgh USA Alumni, Master of Public and International Affairs
- Makedonka Dimitrova, University of Pittsburg Alumni, Head of Institute for Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development
- Ninko Kostovski, PhD, University of Georgetown Center for Intercultural Education and Development and the University of Wisconsin, USA , EFER EEC Alumni
The Management concentration prepares students to understand and analyze the business environment and working conditions in various sectors and industries.
Students will be able to perform analysis of customers and competitors and write quality business plans, while understanding the challenges of entrepreneurship and human resources management in today’s dynamic business environment and globalized world.
At undergraduate level, we believe that the instructor’s responsibilities include:
- Asking the right questions
- Leading the class discussions
- Helping the students find their own solution to the problems raised.
- We do ask the “WHAT” and “WHY” questions. But we also teach the “HOW”!
- Apart from teaching theory and facts, our primary goal is applying the knowledge and gaining practical skills.
- We employ leading-edge teaching techniques, such as: case studies, role plays, problem solving, individual and team projects, and simulations.
By doing this, we have learned from the best – HarvardBusiness School. So far, we have 16 faculty members holding a teaching certificate according to the Participant- Centered Learning methods.
During the lectures, we use case studies designed by some of the best business schools in the world, as Harvard Business School and Darden School of Business.
UACS SBEM is proud that 70% of the students who graduate are employed within a year after graduation and take the following positions:
Management concentration: positions in the sectors for planning, development, analysis and strategic planning in business organizations.
Master of Business Administration – Major: Management
WHICH COMPANIES EMPLOY OUR GRADUATES
These are some of the companies where SBEM graduates are employed:
- TTK Bank AD Skopje
- Stopanska Banka AD Skopje
- Ohridska Banaka AD Skopje
- Halk Bank AD Skopje
- Triglav Osiguruvanje AD Skopje
- Capital Media Group Inc.
- Leoron Professional Development Institute
- Government of the Republic of Macedonia
- City of Skopje
- Business Communication
- Advanced Organizational Behavior
- Research Methods for Business
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Managerial Accounting
- Advanced International Management
- Elective course
- Specialization Project and Internship
ACADEMIC PROGRAM 4+1