The Seventeenth Annual International Conference on Emerging Ideas – AICEI 2022 entitled ‘Priorities Redefined: New Realities after the Ukrainian Crisis’ seeks to assess the emerging contemporary issues and how they impact business, economies, and societies. By providing a platform for scholars, industry experts, government officials and civil participants and students to share their ideas and experience, AICEI 2022 will explore the observed impact of emerging societal issues in the following areas:
Politics and Society:
- The Ukrainian crisis and the future of EU Enlargement
- Sanctions as means of warfare and diplomacy
- Environmental policies and energy security in Europe
- Public attitudes about the war in Ukraine
- Refugees in Europe
- The role of international organizations in contemporary international relations
- The future of the European Union
- The consequences of far-right politics in Europe
- Identity politics in divided societies
- Global international rule-making. Will the UN survive?
- Language, borders and identity: contemporary challenges to identity formation
- Impact of population declining: what’s the future ahead of us?
- Refugees: time to rethink the narrative
- Rethinking Governance in the context of high people mobility and digitalization
- Imagine 2050
Economy and Business:
- Trends and patterns in overcoming global crises
- Recent innovations and finance
- Supporting entrepreneurs and SME’s
- New modes of work and people management
- Insights into consumption patterns, marketing strategies and sales tactics
- Stimulating long term growth
- Implications of digital technologies for companies
- Managerial challenges in changing environments
- Trends in recruitment, career development and education
Psychology and Public Health:
- Challenges to mental health in (post)pandemic times
- New trends in psychological stress, security and resilience building
- New modes of relationship building
- Emerging trends in teaching, learning and education policy
- Change of paradigm in public health policies and services
- Insights into changing attitudes, values and beliefs
Abstracts submission deadline: 31 May 2022
Notification of acceptance/rejection: 10 June 2022
Paper submission deadline: 10 August 2022
Peer review feedback: 10 September 2022
Registration deadline for authors: 15 September 2022
Conference date: 22 September 2022
Paper presentation fee: 100 Euro
Poster presentation fee: 50 Euro
Attendance registration is free of charge for students and academic faculty.
The working language of the conference is English. This year the conference welcomes both paper and poster presentations by scholars and professionals from any discipline including but not limited to economics, finance, management, law, political science, international relations, security studies, environment, sociology, information science, media, liberal arts and the humanities. PhD students are also encouraged to take part.
Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation booking and expanses. The organizers can offer advice, if needed.
Abstracts: Maximum 300 word abstracts can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Abstracts should be written in Word or RTF formats, font Times New Roman size 12, following this order: author(s), affiliation, email address, title of abstract, body of abstract, 5-7 key words. A short biography (up to 100 words) is also required.
Papers submitted for publishing in the AICEI Proceedings are double blind peer-reviewed, receive a DOI, citable, published in PDF format, and submitted for indexing in relevant digital archives.