Concentration: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
WHY IS SBEM THE BEST SCHOOL FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS IN MACEDONIA?
- UACS SBEM is the only internationally accredited
- school in the Republic of Macedonia
- UACS SBEM has excellent professors
- UACS SBEM employs the most advanced teaching philosophy
- The student/teacher ratio at SBEM is 18:1, which guarantees individual attention to every student.
UACS SBEM program is supported by over 30 scholars, professors of management practice, and international visiting professors. Their combined knowledge and experience provides the students with a unique opportunity to learn from the best. The program at UACS SBEM offers thorough exposure to theoretical and practical issues.
UACS SBEM Faculty combines:
- Marjan I. Bojadjiev, PhD ,Harvard Business School Alumni, Teacher of the Year Award by ACBSP, 2012
- Ana Tomovska Misoska, PhD, Queen’s University Belfast, UKAlumni, Member of Macedonian Human resources Association Board
- Miodraga Stefanovska Petkovska, PhD, Associate Professor at UACS , EFER EEC Alumni
- Makedonka Dimitrova, MPPM, University of Pittsburg Alumni, Head of Institute for Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development
CONCENTRATION HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Resource management concentration prepares students to handle employee relations, draft contracts, negotiate salaries and mediate personnel conflicts. Students will be able to develop HR plans and strategies, become knowledgeable about recruitment, selection and evaluation as well as building relationships with customers.
WHAT DO WE TEACH AND HOW DO WE TEACH
At graduate level, we believe that the instructor’s responsibilities include:
- Asking the right questions
- Leading the class discussions
- Helping the students find their own solution to the problems raised.
- We do ask the “WHAT” and “WHY” questions. But we also teach the “HOW”!
- Apart from teaching theory and facts, our primary goal is applying the knowledge and gaining practical skills.
- We employ leading-edge teaching techniques, such as: case studies, role plays, problem solving, individual and team projects, and simulations.
By doing this, we have learned from the best – Harvard Business School. So far, we have 16 faculty members holding a teaching certificate according to the Participant- Centered Learning methods.
During the lectures, we use case studies designed by some of the best business schools in the world, as Harvard Business School and Darden School of Business.
- UACS SBEM is proud that 70% of the students who graduate are employed within a year after graduation and take the following positions:Human Resource Management recruitment agencies or companies, banks, public relations agencies, small or large internal business departments within almost any industry.
WHICH COMPANIES EMPLOY OUR GRADUATES
These are some of the companies where SBEM graduates are employed:
- TTK Bank AD Skopje
- Stopanska Banka AD Skopje
- Ohridska Banaka AD Skopje
- Halk Bank AD Skopje
- Triglav Osiguruvanje AD Skopje
- Capital Media Group Inc.
- Leoron Professional Development Institute
- Government of the Republic of Macedonia
- City of Skopje
MASTER THESIS SEMESTER
UACS organizes a Master Thesis Semester which allows the students to work as a group under the supervision of a mentor. This is designed in order to help them complete their Master Thesis in four months, if they follow the prescribed course load.
Master Thesis Semester is a capstone project which aims for:
- Introducing the methods of academic and/or professional research
- Guiding students into delivering project work within the predetermined deadlines
By attending this semester, UACS students will have an access to:
THREE SESSIONS – Sessions on writing approximately five chapters of the Master Thesis. Each session organized within these seminar series will provide a step-by- step guide to writing each of the chapters;
CONFERENCE SESSIONS – A part of the conference sessions will provide the participants with the opportunity to present their work in progress in front of their peers and UACS faculty;
GUIDANCE – Apart from holding regular meetings with the mentor, the student will have regular consultations with the Graduate Student Coordinator regarding the technical details of the Master Thesis;
NETWORKING – The sessions provide the possibility for forming alliances with classmates and UACS faculty, who share the similar research interest;
MASTER’S DEGREE – These seminar series are organized in a way which enables our students to complete their Master Thesis in four months. They have to follow the previously assigned deadlines and participate in all three sessions of the Seminar Series.
TITLE AND DEGREE EARNED UPON GRADUATION AT UACS SBEM
- Master of Arts in Business Administration
Major: Human Resource Management
ACADEMIC PROGRAM 3+2
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Business Communication
- Advanced Organizational Behavior
- Research Methods for Business
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Recruitment and selection
- Elective course
- Specialization Project and Internship
ACADEMIC PROGRAM 4+1
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT