WHO WE ARE
The School of Business Economics and Management (SBEM) at University American College Skopje is the only ACBSP internationally accredited school in the Republic of North Macedonia. It has been ranked as the best school of business and economics in the country by IDEAS REPEC for several years in a row, and is also ranked as the No1 private university in North Macedonia according to the Jiao Tong ARWU Ranking.
The School of Business Economics and Management brings together excellent teaching staff with a student/teacher ratio of 18:1 and applies the Harvard Business School learning methods. With over 30 faculty members whose knowledge and experience are unparalleled, SBEM provides students a unique exposure to both theoretical and practical topics, offering an exclusive opportunity to learn from the best academic and business minds.
WHAT DO WE STAND FOR
The School of Business Economics and Management is dedicated to providing excellent education to students and creating the professionals that the modern business world needs. We have carefully designed curricula that enable students to learn from vast academic material from renowned authors, using the latest research methods and understanding the most contemporary business analyses.
Having provided that, we are also dedicated to introducing students to the real world and adapting them to the needs of the modern businesses. This is done with practical information during the studies, delivered by professors of practice, and also with direct immersion in the business and corporate world through internships and job offers in various companies, with UACS serving as a point of contact and networking.
The School of Business Economics and Management at UACS also offers additional services that support student education in terms of academic advising and tutoring through the Tutoring Assistance Student Club (TASC). In addition to this, SBEM fosters close alumni relations, caring for the students even after they graduate. We keep track of the milestones and successes of our students and serve as base for career improvement, constantly organizing various activities and offering professional services and opportunities.
The UACS SBEM Faculty combines academics who are recognized scholars with significant science and theory achievements, with professors of management practice, who are business experts, company CEOs and eminent experts in their respective industries. Also, UACS SBEM provides international exposure by organizing classes conducted by international lecturers from renowned universities.
UACS BUSINESS COUNCIL
The cooperation with the UACS Business Council is a key factor for developing highly professional staff for modern companies. The UACS Business Council is comprised of 150 leading companies from various business sectors – banks, telecommunication companies, insurance companies, finance companies, advertising agencies and a large number of successful small and medium enterprises. Providing adjustment of the curricula to the needs of the real business sector, the UACS Business Council is an additional opportunity for career development of the UACS students.
GIVING BACK TO COMMUNITY
Our programs also nurture social responsibility in students, inviting them to respect the community they live in by being responsible members of society. This is why UACS organizes plenty of socially responsible events and projects in which they are actively involved.
Preparing students to understand the business environment in various sectors and industries, this program is ACBSP accredited and designed to develop analysis skills in terms of markets, customers, competition and strategy. Students obtain a clear idea of entrepreneurial culture and its startup cycles and are able to prepare and execute a business plan in today’s fast-moving business environment.
Understanding models for analyzing business environments. Knowing how to analyze competitors. Preparing various types of business plans. Understanding entrepreneurship.
SBEM is proud to have over 70% of the graduates employed within a year after graduation. Our students are able to start working as:
- Planning, development, analysis, strategic planning, department directors, management, etc.
- Prof. Marjan Bojadjiev, PhD – Professor at Tor Vergata Rome Italy, Teacher of the Year 2012 for Europe and Middle East
- Assoc. Prof. Dushica Stevcevska Srbinoska, PhD – CPA, Visiting Professor at Université d’Angers France
- Prof. Marjan Petreski, PhD – Staffordshire University UK Alumnus, Best Researcher in South East Europe Award
- Assoc. Prof. Snezhana Hristova, PhD – Radboud University Netherlands Alumna
- Prof. Ana Tomoska Misoska, PhD – Belfast University Ireland Alumna, Member of the Board of Macedonian Human Resource Association
- Prof. Tome Nenovski, PhD – Former Deputy Governor RNM National bank
- Prof. Elena Bundaleska, PhD – Fordham University USA Alumna
- Prof. Igor Velickovski, PhD – Head of Payment operations at RNM National bank
- Prof. Evica Delova Jolevski, PhD – Assistant Governor at RNM National bank
- Prof. Aneta Krstevska, PhD – Chief Economist at RNM National Bank
- Asst. Prof. Blagica Petreski, PhD – CEO of Finance Think
- Maja Stevkova Shterieva, PhD – CFO of Komercijalna banka A.D. Skopje
- Maja Parnadjieva Zmejkova, PhD – Insurance Supervision
- Aleksandar Arizanov – Certified auditor, Country leader and Audit Director at Deloitte
- Tihomir Petreski, MA – CEO of Triglav Pension Fund, Former CEO of Coca Cola Balkans
- Igor Srbinoski, MSc – CPA, Financial advisory
- Vladimir Stefanovski, MBA – ACCA, plant manager at Kiel Macedonia
- Assoc. Prof. Filip Ivanovski, PhD – CEO of Pakomak
- Nadica Jovanovska Boshkovska, PhD – Tor Vergata of Rome Alumna, CPO EUROPA RE LTD
- Asst. Prof. Goran Vasilev, PhD – CEO of IuteCREDIT
- Jana Prodanova, PhD – Researcher at Macedonian Academy of Sciences
- Angelka Peeva Laurenchikj, MSc – Managing Director of IMAGE PR
- Kalina Sejfula, MA – PR Manager at Eurolink Insurance
- Ivo Paunovski, PhD – Head of IT and Partnering at A1
- Ira Babikj, MBA – CEO of Brand Union
- Jane Plavevski, MBA – Senior Product Manager at Damilah
- Ivana Dojchinovska Stojanovikj, MSc – Board Member of Macedonian Human Resource Association
INTERNATIONAL FACULTY MEMBERS
- Prof. Vittorio De Pedys, PhD – ESCP Business School
- Prof. Kimberly Parker, PhD – University of Kentucky, USA
- Luca Gnan – Former President of the European Academy of Management – Tor Vergata University of Rome
- Jaka Vadnjal – GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Bobi Ivanov – University of Kentucky, USA
- Sabina Cvitkovic – Kohlmann Communications, University of Ljubljana Slovenia Alumna, Marketing Director of Zagreb Holding
Business Administration in Management and Innovation
|1||Introduction to Management||6|
|2||Introduction to Microeconomics||6|
|5||General Elective Course||6|
|6||Principles of Accounting||6|
|7||Introduction to Marketing||6|
|10||General Elective Course||6|
|Elective courses, 4 of the following:|
|Psychology of Work and Organizations||6|
|Business Computer Applications||6|
|English for Specific Purposes ESP||6|
|World Language 1-4 – Italian||6|
|World Language 1-4 – German||6|
|Macedonian as a Foreign Language 1-4||6|
|Literature, Film and Politics||6|
|2||Introduction to Мacroeconomics||6|
|6||E-Business and Innovation||6|
|7||Introduction to Finance||6|
|8||Introduction to Human Resources Management||6|
|10||General Elective Course||6|
|Elective courses, 3 of the following:|
|Leadership in Organizations||6|
|Digital Creativity and Production||6|
|Gender Equality in Business||6|
|EU Structures and Institutions||6|
|Negotiations and Conflict Management Skills||6|
|Global Understanding and Intercultural Communication||6|
|Green Society and Sustainability||6|
|1||Strategy and Planning||8|
|2||International Management and Globalization||6|
|6||Business Applications and Information Systems||8|
|7||Principles of Project Management and Operations Management||6|
|Elective courses, 2 of the following:|
|Introduction to Staff Training and Development||6|
|Product Development Policy||6|
|Digital Finance and Cryptocurrencies||6|
|Performance Management and Compensation||6|
|Management of Financial Institutions||6|
|Cases in Management||6|
* University American College Skopje reserves the right to amend the program.