Graduate Studies – Concentration: FINANCE
WHY IS SBEM THE BEST SCHOOL FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS IN MACEDONIA?
- UACS SBEM is the only internationally accreditedschool in the Republic of Macedonia
- school in the Republic of Macedonia
- UACS SBEM has excellent professors
- UACS SBEM employs the most advanced teaching philosophy
- The student/teacher ratio at SBEM is 18:1, which guarantees individual attention to every student.
UACS SBEM program is supported by over 30 scholars, professors of management practice, and international visiting professors. Their combined knowledge and experience provides the students with a unique opportunity to learn from the best. The program at UACS SBEM offers thorough exposure to theoretical and practical issues.
UACS SBEM Faculty combines:
- Tome Nenovski, PhD former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank
- Nikica Mojsoska Blazhevski, PhD, Staffordshire Alumni, former Head of Macroeconomics department at Ministry of Finance
- Marjan Petreski, PhD, Staffordshire Alumni, Silver medal Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development , 2013 , EFER EEC Alumni
The students choosing the Finance and Banking concentration will be equipped to understand and apply practical financial, banking and accounting principles and techniques. In addition, students will recognize and analyze financial data and financial markets and institutions and will be able to make basic investment and financial decisions.
WHAT DO WE TEACH AND HOW DO WE TEACH
At the graduate level, we believe that the instructor’s responsibilities include:
- Asking the right questions
- Leading the class discussions
- Helping the students find their own solution to the problems raised.
- We do ask the “WHAT” and “WHY” questions. But we also teach the “HOW”!
- Apart from teaching theory and facts, our primary goal is applying the knowledge and gaining practical skills.
- We employ leading-edge teaching techniques, such as: case studies, role plays, problem solving, individual and team projects, and simulations.
By doing this, we have learned from the best – Harvard Business School. So far, we have 16 faculty members holding a teaching certificate according to the Participant- Centered Learning methods.
During the lectures, we use case studies designed by some of the best business schools in the world, as Harvard Business School and Darden School of Business.
UACS SBEM is proud that 70% of the students who graduate are employed within a year after graduation and take the following positions:
- Finance concentration: banks, insurance companies, National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia, Macedonian Stock Exchange, brokerage houses, accounting offices, commerce, and import/export companies.
WHICH COMPANIES EMPLOY OUR GRADUATES
These are some of the companies where SBEM graduates are employed:
- TTK Bank AD Skopje
- Stopanska Banka AD Skopje
- Ohridska Banaka AD Skopje
- Halk Bank AD Skopje
- Triglav Osiguruvanje AD Skopje
- Capital Media Group Inc.
- Leoron Professional Development Institute
- Government of the Republic of Macedonia
- City of Skopje
MASTER THESIS SEMESTER
UACS organizes a Master Thesis Semester which allows the students to work as a group under the supervision of a mentor. This is designed in order to help them complete their Master Thesis in four months, if they follow the prescribed course load.
Master Thesis Semester is a capstone project which aims for:
Introducing the methods of academic and/or professional research
Guiding students into delivering project work within the predetermined deadlines
By attending this semester, UACS students will have an access to:
Sessions on writing approximately five chapters of the Master Thesis. Each session organized within these seminar series will provide a step-by- step guide to writing each of the chapters;
A part of the conference sessions will provide the participants with the opportunity to present their work in progress in front of their peers and UACS faculty;
Apart from holding regular meetings with the mentor, the student will have regular consultations with the Graduate Student Coordinator regarding the technical details of the Master Thesis;
The sessions provide the possibility for forming alliances with classmates and UACS faculty, who share the similar research interest;
These seminar series are organized in a way which enables our students to complete their Master Thesis in four months. They have to follow the previously assigned deadlines and participate in all three sessions of the Seminar Series.
TITLE AND DEGREE EARNED UPON GRADUATION AT UACS SBEM
Master of Science in Business Administration
Major: Finance and Banking
- Business Communication
- Advanced Organizational Behavior
- Research Methods in Economics and Finance
- Advance Corporate Finance
- Managerial Accounting
- Banking Management
- Elective course
- Specialization Project and Internship